Stay tuned for Blog posts and fun ideas to do in the kitchen! We hope you enjoy a few of our favorites in the meantime.
- First, get 16 apples. Throw in different kinds to mix it up! Add a couple of green apples to add a little tang. Wash, peel, and cut your apples.
- Fill your largest saucepan up with 3/4 water, bring to a boil, and add your apples.
- Once the apples are nice and soft mash them with a potato masher by hand which allows for delicious chunks. If you prefer a smoother texture, grab your kitchen aid and let it go to town.
- Don't make it too sweet! Add 1 tbsp vanilla, 1 tsp. white sugar, 2 tsp brown sugar give or take depending on sweetness of the apples.
- Cinnamon to taste, let cool, and enjoy!
Enjoy Mum's Applesauce by itself for breakfast or desert. Put it on ice cream or pair it with pork. You will find yourself never buying store bought applesauce again.
Mac 'n Trees
Need an easy idea for a get together that everyone will love? Add your own favorite toppings to make it your own! This dish will bring you back to grandma's house. Start by turning your oven on to 350 to head up.
- Pick 2 cups of your favorite pasta and cook according to the package slightly under by a minute or two. .
- While your pasta is boiling start the easy cheese sauce. Grab your utility knife to easily cut the cheese. If you are giggling at this point, you are a child. And we would be friends.
- Melt 2 tbsp of REAL butter over low heat. If you're going to do this, do it right. Add 3 tsp. flour and stir until thickens. Slowly add 2 cups of milk. If you want to make it creamer cut back on the milk and add a dash of half and half. Highly recommended. Let this warm up but not to a boiling. Add 1/2 tsp salt and a little pepper.
- Add cheese and stir until melted. I find a whisk is best, but a spoon is just fine too. Let melt. By this time your past should be done and you can turn your cheese sauce off. Don't forget about it! You'll use it in a second.
- Add pasta to baking pan and add cheese sauce. Wash and cut up 2 heads of broccoli into small bits. Smaller the better!
- Mix your cheesey concoction and stick it in the preheated over (350) for half and hour. Take out and enjoy!
Add some buttery crackers to the top of it for the last 5 minutes of cooking for a little salty crunch.